Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day

This is the You're the Greatest Father candy bar note that they kids made for me. They've been bugging me to share and eat it ever since.


The kids made a Clue Hunt for me. As I solved the first hint, it gave the location in the house of the next clue. We ran all over finding where they had hid these. They did a great job, making sure each clue rhymed. We were hamming it up and having fun.


The last clue took us into the basement for this:

I was shocked! I shouldn't have been shocked that I couldn't kick them off the game to come play Ticket to Ride Europe because it was my day.
It was a great Father's Day. They keep this side pretty well-hidden, and maybe it was just because they wanted to play Guitar Hero, but they are great kids.

5 comments:

jrushing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jrushing said...

Happy Father's Day Brian! But all I can think about is how someone other than me is enjoying Guitar Hero!! Oh have I mentioned that I am rockin' awesome at GH??? The next time we meet up in UT you better bring your guitar playin fingers!! Game on.

Susie Jensen said...

Hey Brian

What a great Father's Day! I love the clue hunt-so clever and creative. Now that you have officially blogged the candy poster, now you can eat it up and enjoy! (And I'm sure you'll get lots of help from your kiddos. ha ha)

Shelby said...

guitar hero is the best! i can't beleive how good the kids are at it & how bad i suck at it! i guess i should of practiced the piano more- ha! hope you had a great day!

m said...

We play ticket to ride all the time! Never played Euro version. We play with Mortensens all the time and introduced it to the Jones and Bunkers. Looks like we have another game night option with y'all. m